Through the dashboard it is possible to have all the data collected without any type of filter through SQL queries. The SQL language used is the same as MySQL, which is used as the database of our system.
This functionality is aimed at people who have knowledge in queries using SQL. Also, read the recommendations below before you start making your inquiries.
If you have no knowledge of SQL, consult your data using our ready-made applications that have the function of showing data in an organized and simple way.
Care with SQL queries
The following precautions must be taken when using the explore function so that there is no problem with the query and data tracking with the plugin:
- Avoid using the UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE functions.
- If your database has a large amount of information, try to use LIMIT in queries that can result in more than 100 lines.
- When consulting using INNER JOIN, first use the Explain method https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/explain.html to check whether the bank is optimized for the query. If not, you can create the necessary indexes to optimize queries. A query should take a maximum of 10 seconds to run.
How to view the data
To consult the collected data, follow the steps:
- Access the consultation panel at https://www.inapplet.com/explore/.
- Type the SQL query or select on the left side in one of the tables that a code will be inserted in the SQL field.
- Then, click Run query.
- If the query returns data, it will be displayed below the query field.
- In case of error, an alert will be shown on the screen describing the reason for the error to have occurred. This message is the database response without any treatment.
Create a View
You can create a View of a query, so you have a quick way to access a query or use the View in other future queries.
- To create a view, follow the steps from the previous item to item 2.
- Click Create View.
- Name the View.
- You can view the Views created by visiting the page Explore at https://www.inapplet.com/explore/. On the left side, click on Views and the list of will be displayed Views created.